Thursday, December 30, 2010

hot cocoa + some.

toasted mallows.
I should start by telling you that I don't like hot cocoa. I suppose I did, at one time, and then I think I drank way too much. But, I'm here to say that this stuff is good. Like, mega good. Like, turned a non-hot-cocoa-lover back into the believer I used to be. So, you might want to try it. The best thing about this stuff is that you can use your powdered Swiss Miss, your fancy Ghiradelli, or your somewhere-in-between hot cocoa. Any of it will work. You should make this right away, though. And toast some extra marshmallows because you may want them for later.
the goods.
Hot Cocoa + Some
Adapted from Real Simple

Serves 4

Ingredients
4 servings of the hot cocoa of your choice
8 marshmallows
3-5 tablespoons malted milk powder

Directions
1. Prepare the hot cocoa according to package instructions (we used Ovaltine). Add 3-5 tablespoons malted milk powder (the amount is really up to you).
2. While your hot cocoa is microwaving, simmering, etc., place 8 marshmallows on a cookie sheet and broil in the oven for 30 seconds.
3. Place the toasty marshmallows in the steamy cocoa, and enjoy.
4. Repeat. :)

-The Florida Sister

No comments:

Post a Comment